What is IPTV?
IPTV is short for “Internet Protocol Television”. This is a technology that sends TV channels over the Internet. It has been around for several years but has only recently started to gain popularity.
The reason is that service providers such as TPS (Television Par Satellite) and CanalSat have started offering their services via broadband connections, which has allowed users to combine their television viewing with surfing the Internet.
While the prices can still be considered high, they are nonetheless reasonable considering what you get in return (HD channels and high quality viewing).
How Does IPTV Work?
IPTV works by combining television broadcasting with Internet Protocol. This combination allows viewers to access TV channels that are broadcast over the Internet. The quality you get depends on the quality of your broadband connection and the type of service offered by your provider (for example: standard definition or HD).
Another advantage is that there are no regional restrictions. So you don’t have to worry about whether a channel is available in your country or not.
An IPTV system works much like the regular television broadcasting system. However, instead of radio waves, IPTV transmits data packets over computer networks such as the internet.
The content provider gathers the video / audio material and then the code into suitable formats that can be decoded by client devices. This codestream is then broken down into small pieces and transmitted over the network to the requesting client device. The client device then decodes these packets and outputs them as video / audio output to any connected display, such as a television or monitor.
What is the Difference Between IPTV and Regular Cable TV?
While they both offer great entertainment options, there are a few differences that make IPTV a preferred choice.
- Since IPTV works over the Internet, you don’t need to spend a lot of money to install it in your home or office.
- Since IPTV uses Internet bandwidth, it is not limited by distance from the server, unlike cable TV which has a fixed number of cable clients depending on cable usage.
- In IPTV system, there is no limit on what you can watch and what time you want to watch it unlike in cable TV where the user has to pay for each channel they want to watch .
- Cable TV service may stop at any time due to lack of customers, while IPTV will not suffer from the same problem.
- The quality of video streaming on IPTV is also much better than that of cable TV.
- The security of your data is not threatened with IPTV because the data only goes from server to server.
- IPTV is more flexible than cable TV because there are no long term contracts and high installation costs.
In conclusion, abonnement IPTV has many differences from cable TV and is a better option for those who don’t want to spend a lot of money.
Benefits of an IPTV service
- You can have access to more than 1000 channels.
- You can watch live TV at the same time as you stream other media content on your phone, tablet or computer.
- There is no long term contract.
- With IPTV, there is more chance that you can watch the channels you want.
- With an IPTV service, you can also opt for a price per session and be able to watch it on your television, your computer and your mobile devices.
- Ability to record live broadcasts on certain services.