With its beautiful beaches, amazing nightlife, fun flea markets, sea food, age-old churches and majestic forts, Goa is one of the best holiday destinations in India. What makes it such an irresistible travel destination is the fact that you can enjoy a plethora of activities both on land and water. Also, you get superb places to stay during your vacation, to choose Azaya Beach Resort Goa for your stay. When you are in Goa, it is no surprise that you can feel a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of things to do and places to see. But the upside is that there is never a chance of boredom here with so many enjoyable activities to indulge in!
Top Things to Do in Goa
Here is a list of fun things you can do to have the best time in Goa:
- Visit the Beaches: When you hear the name “Goa”, the first thing that pops into anybody’s head is beaches. And why not? The exquisite beaches here are the main attraction for visitors, whether they come from near or far. You should get ready for some beach fun when you vacation in Goa. There is a myriad of activities you can indulge in, apart from relaxing and sunbathing, such as water skiing and other water sports, sky diving, etc. You can also enjoy local culinary delights in the shacks and cafes that line the beaches. Some of the most popular beaches that you should definitely not miss visiting, both in North and South Goa, include Baga, Anjuna, Arambol, Calangute, Palolem, Butterfly, Colva and Sinquerim, to name a few. Every beach has its own charm and you are sure to enjoy your time in every one of them.
- See the Mummy of the Basilica of Bom Jesus: Steeped in history, the Basilica of Bom Jesus is one of the most famous sights in Goa. And while a mummy is the last thing you would expect to see in India, you can visit the mummy of St. Francis, which, to this day, is encased in a silver casket. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this 400-year-old awe-inspiring church is renowned for its architectural brilliance. The Basilica of Bom Jesus features stunning ornamented interiors and a non-plastered exterior that gives it a unique touch. The church is located at Old Goa Road, Velha and open to visitors between 9 am and 6:30 pm from Monday to Saturday and 10:30 am to 6:30 pm on Sundays.
- Visit Other World Heritage Sites: The Basilica of Bom Jesus is not the only UNESCO World Heritage Site in Goa. In fact, history and heritage are as much as part of this amazing place as beaches and nightlife are. There are a number of World Heritage Sites that are a testament to the region’s rich history and colonial legacy. Old Goa is the place to head to if you want to see these heritage sites and experience the architectural grandeur and spiritual richness of the region. Some of the heritage sites you should take time to see are Se Catedral de Santa Catarina, Saint Catherine’s Chapel, Church of Our Lady of the Rosary, Church of Saint Augustine, Church of St. Francis of Assisi and Church of Saint Cajetan.
- Taste the Local Culinary Delights: When you want to truly discover a place, there is no better way to do it than through its food. Pampering your taste buds in Goa is easy as the region is known for its fresh ingredients and sea food. Goan delicacies are known far and wide, and you will be glad to know that there are many different restaurants that you can go to enjoy the local cuisine and other delicacies. The best part is that you do not have to go to expensive places to taste Goan food. As mentioned earlier, there are shacks and cafes close to the beaches for casual fare. If you are looking for more, you can visit some of the more well-known restaurants in Goa, including Spice Goa, Tuscany Gardens, The Fisherman’s Wharf and Britto’s Bar and Restaurant.
- Experience the Nightlife: Going pubbing and clubbing is a must when you are in Goa, and you are never too far from a pub, bar or club where you can unwind and enjoy a few drinks. If you are in the mood to dance, you can groove to the latest hits in any one of the fantastic clubs that dot the region. North Goa is the hotspot when it comes to nightlife with some of the most popular pubs and clubs there, including SinQ Nightclub, Cantare, Cafe Mambo, Leopard Valley and Cohiba. If you are in South Goa, head to Edge to dance the night away with delicious drinks in hand.
- Try Your Luck at the Floating Casinos: Do you feel like Lady Luck is on your side? If so, you should make your way to the floating casinos that dot the waters around Panaji, the state capital. You can have an unforgettable time with a myriad of exciting games and wonderful entertainment. These floating casinos offer fun throughout the night. Whether you are a serious gambler or someone who is looking to try their hand at something new, you can be sure that a night at the casinos will provide what you are looking for. Some of the best casinos in Goa include Casino Palms, Deltin Royale, DeltinJaqk and Casino Pride.
Experience Paradise at Azaya Beach Resort Goa
No matter which activities you plan to enjoy during your beach vacation, be sure to choose Azaya Beach Resort Goa for your stay. This luxurious resort offers everything you need for a memorable holiday in Goa. Located in Benaulim, Azaya Beach Resort gives you a quiet place to relax and unwind while being in close proximity to some of the most popular attractions in Goa. The staff at the resort can help you with your itinerary so that you enjoy every minute of your holiday. For a 5-star experience in Goa, stay at Azaya Beach Resort and create unforgettable memories of your holiday.