Acne is a serious skin issue that most women experience in their adolescence. Even though men also suffer from this skin issue, women experience acne ten times more than men. Acne spots are of many types. Sometimes, the large acne with pus may make the skin painful to touch. As our skin is most exposed to a number of skin irritants like sun rays and dirt, it is extremely important to follow a healthy skincare regimen. As they say, ‘we become what we eat so our diet matters a lot. Eating junk or oily food may disturb the hormones in our stomach which ultimately lead to dehydrated skin.
There are many skin irritants in our environment like:
- Ultraviolet rays – stepping out into the sun without applying a high SPF sunscreen may put our skin in danger. The sun’s rays are highly damaging to our skin. Sunscreen protects our skin against the harmful sun rays
- Dirt – pollution is everywhere, especially in the cities. We are constantly surrounded by dust and pollution. When dirt particles build up on the epidermis of our skin, it is most likely to break out.
- Oily and junk food – eating junk food like chips, pizza and burgers may make our skin unhealthy which results in breakouts. These things not only result in weight gain but also dehydrated and dull skin.
You can definitely follow a strict skincare routine to control acne breakouts.
- Cleanse daily
Cleansing your skin is a must to avoid acne breakouts. The dirt particles on the skin are removed by cleansing your skin for a good 10 minutes with mild cleansers. Do not use cleansers with harsh chemicals on your skin. Go for natural cleansers or make DIYs at home like a paste of gram flour and yogurt.
- Apply sunscreen before stepping out
We cannot stress enough how important it is to apply sunscreen on your skin before you step out in the sun. Use a sunblock with an SPF of at least 60 as it will provide protection against UV rays.
- Use face serums and face oils
Face serums were first introduced by the Koreans and now they have almost made their way into everyone’s lives. Use face serums made from hyaluronic acid as it fades acne spots and blemishes and keeps the skin hydrated throughout the day. Face oils like tea tree oil are another good option.
If you have cysts like acne with pus in them then you must consult with a good dermatologist. Your doctor will recommend some multivitamins and topical creams to get rid of acne. You can get free prescription coupons for medicated and herbal creams from PricePro Pharmacy as they sell drugs and medications at discounted prices.
Yogurt and raw milk contain nutrients that are helpful in getting rid of acne. You can make a paste of gram flour, turmeric, and raw milk and apply it to your face for 15 minutes. After rinsing, you will feel a natural glow on your face. Follow this DIY for a month with intervals of 3 to 4 days, you will notice that your acne marks are fading.