UGC NET Exam Guidelines 2021May 28, 2021
University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is a national-level entrance that is conducted for determining the eligibility for the post of Assistant Professor and/or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) award in Indian universities and colleges. It is conducted twice a year and is organized by National Testing Agency (NTA). However, due to the pandemic, the UGC NET 2021 Exam that was scheduled to be held in May has been postponed. The revised UGC NET 2021 exam schedule will be announced at a later date on the official website, https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
The exam will be conducted as Computer Based Test (CBT) only. The test will consist of two papers (both objective type and multiple-choice questions). Candidates can download the complete UGC NET Syllabus from the website. Paper 1 of UGC NET will be of general nature and will evaluate a candidate’s research aptitude /teaching ability. Paper 2 will be based on the core subjects or specialization selected by the candidate. Paper 2 consists of a total of 84 specialization subjects.
Although there is no age limit to apply for the post of Assistant Professor, however, to be eligible for JRF, a candidate must not exceed 31 years of age.
The Admit card for UGC NET 2021 is expected to release a week prior to the exam date. Candidates who have registered for the exam will be able to download their admit cards from the official website. All candidates are advised to go through the advisory issued by NTA and the instructions mentioned on the admit card carefully.
Things you can carry to the exam hall: As the UGC NET 2021 Examination is an online computer-based test, the candidates are provided with a pen/pencil and blank sheets for rough work. Moreover, to avoid any last-minute inconveniences, the candidates are still advised to carry their own pen/pencil to the exam centre.
Things you cannot carry to the exam hall: It is important to note that carrying any metallic item or electronic gadgets/devices to the exam hall by the UGC NET Candidates is strictly prohibited. Any kind of stationery/paper/textual material (printed or written material), Handbag/purse, Eatables and water (loose or packed), Geometry/pencil box, Mobile phone/earphone/microphone/pager, Watch, Calculator, Log tables, Camera, Tape recorder etc. are prohibited inside the examination hall.
Diabetic students may be allowed to bring some eatables like sugar tablets, fruit and a transparent water bottle to the exam hall. However, they are not allowed to bring any packaged food like chocolates, candy and sandwich.
Documents required: Important documents that candidates need to carry at UGC NET Exam centre 2021 include:
1. i) Admit card: Candidates must bring a clear printout, preferably a coloured printout on an A4 size paper of their UGC NET Admit Card.
2. ii) Passport size photo: The Candidates must carry one passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the application form) to be pasted on the Attendance sheet in the Exam centre.
iii) ID proof: Candidates must bring a valid and original photo ID proof such as PAN card/driving license/voter ID card/passport/Aadhar Card (with the photograph)/e-Aadhar/Ration Card to the exam centre.
1. iv) PwD certificate: PwD Candidates must bring their PwD certificate issued by the competent authority.
Candidates are advised to reach the exam centre as per the reporting time mentioned on the admit card. Candidates reporting beyond the gate closing time of the centre will not be permitted inside the exam hall.
UGC NET 2021 Preparation Tips:
1. i) Go through the complete syllabus and pattern of UGC NET on the website. It will give you an idea about what to read and what not to. UGC has released syllabus for every subject.
2. ii) Make a proper study plan along with a time table and follow it rigorously.
iii) Start from the basics. Your basics should be very strong to score well in UGC NET 2021. Use good study materials and references. Take help of your senior and teachers to choose good study materials.
1. iv) Solve UGC NET previous year question papers or sample papers for practice. Solving previous year question paper is very important. It will help you to understand the question pattern and time management.
2. v) Prepare notes on important details for quick and easy revision.