Grilling out is one of the summer’s greatest luxuries. Really, does anything taste better than the food you’ve cooked and enjoyed in the comfort of your own backyard? Burgers and steaks are certainly tried and true outdoor grilling options, but you’ll enjoy outdoor grilling more often if you expand your repertoire. One simple and easy food to grill is tilapia.
Tilapia is a mild white fish that’s readily available, easy to prepare, and tastes great in various recipes. Frozen tilapia fillets are highly versatile and taste amazing when grilled. So throw some tilapia on the grill this week and give this tasty recipe a try:
Tilapia Quinoa Bowl
Tilapia paired with quinoa create a truly super food rich in flavor and nutrients. This tilapia quinoa bowl features tender, flaky tilapia, fresh mangoes, creamy avocado, and many of your other favorites as well.
2 frozen Morey’s Tilapia Seasoned Grill fillets
1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and drained
3 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
1 fresh mango, peeled and sliced
1 Tbsp finely diced red onion
Pinch of chili powder
½ an avocado, peeled and chopped
¼ cup plain yogurt
¼ tsp cumin
1/2 can of black beans that are rinsed and drained
Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper
For the quinoa:
- Bring the quinoa, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes until all the liquid is fully absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the zest and juice from 1/2 a lime and 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro. Season with both salt and pepper, and then set it aside.
For the fish:
- Grill Morey’s Tilapia Seasoned Grill fillets according to package directions. When cooked, flake into large pieces.
For the spiced mangos:
- In a small bowl, stir together the sliced mango, diced red onion, chili powder, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
For the avocado crema:
- Place chopped avocado, yogurt, juice from 1/2 a lime, and cumin into a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Bowls are lovely if assembled in a decorative pattern. Working clockwise, add the quinoa, mango, black beans, and flaked fish into two bowls. Garnish with cilantro, drizzle with the avocado crema and serve additional on the side along with remaining lime wedges.