A personal trainer designs one-on-one training plans for their clients, inspiring and coaching them. A personal trainer instructs and assists them in achieving their goals through workouts and customized routines by using a variety of exercise machines, weights, and courses. Personal trainers have more fitness certifications than fitness instructors and gym instructors, allowing them to give customers specialized health and exercise recommendations. Personal trainers also have the skills, knowledge, and talents to create safe and successful workout programs.
Beginners to the profession sometimes begin their careers as fitness or gym instructors before being certified as personal trainers. A personal trainer can work in a gym or a similar environment but can take sessions outside too.
Build My Body Beautiful is a platform that combines sports psychology, fitness training, and nutrition to help women look and feel their best on the inside and out. It’s not only about fitness; it’s about empowerment, inner strength, confidence, and a beautiful physique to match. Build My Body Beautiful helps people understand the psychology of motivation and achievement, especially when it comes to weight loss and achieving peak fitness and athletic performance. It’s about examining a woman’s feelings, wants, and challenges, finding time for oneself, balancing friends, family, and professional obligations, and overcoming the worries of starting working out. Understanding these very individual components is the first step in building tailored programs to achieve a beautiful physique and a healthy mindset.
Qualification for a personal trainer:
A Level 3 personal training qualification, preferably one approved by a respected organization such as the UK Coaching or the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA), is required to operate as a personal trainer. This can be obtained through a degree program, an apprenticeship, or a training provider. It’s also a good idea, but not required, to have an appropriate first-aid certificate, which should ideally contain a cardio-pulmonary resuscitation certificate (CPR).
Fitness training, health and fitness management, health and nutrition science, exercise science, sport science, and personal training are the most valuable subjects to study if you want to pursue a higher education qualification.
It is essential to obtain personal trainer certification to qualify your ability and knowledge. Being a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) indicates that you have been evaluated and qualified to operate as a personal trainer to potential customers and employers.
Responsibilities of a personal trainer:
- Holding one-on-one or group sessions with clients.
- Performing fitness evaluations to determine customer fitness and skill level.
- Determining objectives and devising customized workout routines.
- Keeping track of the client’s progress.
- Offering health, nutrition, and lifestyle recommendations.
- Assisting customers in maintaining or achieving their fitness and health objectives by educating and counseling them.
- Keeping up to date with the most recent personal training techniques and best practices.
- Assisting people with their exercise routines.
- Establishing and keeping strong, professional, and trustworthy client relationships.
- Providing clients with unique and challenging activities to keep them interested and motivated.
- Delivering feedback in a manner that is appropriate for each client.
- Helping existing customers with membership retention methods.
- Precisely recording the clients’ training sessions and keeping care of the essential documents.
- Promoting the business to get new clients.
Salary of personal trainers
Because a significant percentage of personal trainers are self-employed, they are paid by the hour for each session.
Freelance trainers can earn anything from £20 to £40 per hour. In some regions, and if you’re dealing with high-profile clientele, this might be significantly more, ranging from £50 to £100 per hour.
If personal trainers work for a gym, they are expected to start on a salary of £14,000 to £16,000, rising to £20,000 to £30,000 with experience.
Personal trainers are beneficial to guide and motivate you in your fitness journey. They make the process much easier with their expertise and skills. Therefore it is always a good option to hire personal trainers.