Women and men alike suffer from stubborn stretch marks that affect their confidence. The most common places to find this are the stomach, thighs, hips, lower back, breasts, arms, and buttocks, whether or not it is related to pregnancy or weight gain. In this post, we will provide information on how to remove stretch marks. Let’s get started!
What Are Stretch Marks?
A stretch mark occurs when the skin stretches excessively. These are typically found on the stomach, arms, upper back, thighs, hips, and breasts. A stretch mark begins as a red or purple line, gradually fading to thin, white-silvery lines with a zigzag pattern.
Stretch Marks: What Initiates Them
- Pregnancy: Many women develop stretch marks during pregnancy as their skin becomes soft and stretches to accommodate the developing baby. The extension and tugging that occur as the baby grows results in stretch marks on the tummy, thighs, and breasts.
- Puberty: Teenagers may suddenly gain or lose weight due to a sudden growth spurt during puberty. Stretch marks appear on hips, thighs, and breasts due to sudden stretching and contracting.
- Weight gain: Weight gain causes stretch marks as the skin stretches suddenly as a result of weight gain in a short time. A similar thing happens if you are dieting since your weight fluctuates. To keep the skin from straining, it is recommended to lose weight gradually.
- Corticosteroids: Stretch marks may also result from corticosteroid medications that treat certain skin conditions, as they suppress the collagen level in your skin. More people are prone to getting stretch marks when the skin is less able to stretch.
- Genetics: Stretch marks are primarily determined by genetics. The odds are high that you will suffer from stretch marks if your parents have them.
- Health conditions: Adrenal disorders, such as Cushing syndrome, Marfan syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos, and others, cause stretch marks. Overproduction of cortisol causes Cushing’s syndrome. While the Marfan syndrome is caused by a faulty gene that reduces the elasticity of connective tissues, aggravating stretch marks.
- Exercise for building muscle: Stretch marks frequently occur in bodybuilders. Sometimes the misuse of anabolic steroids to accelerate muscle growth can lead to stretch marks due to rapid growth in muscle mass.
Different types of stretch marks
Red stretch marks
In the beginning, these stretch marks are reddish or purplish, and they may sometimes be referred to as Striae Rubra. A stretch of the skin exposes the blood vessels, thus appearing red. At this stage, stretch marks may itch a lot. As new stretch marks, they are easier to remove.
White stretch marks
These are also known as striae alba, which appears white or silver in color. The white stretch marks may take longer to treat because they are mature. Despite our skin’s elasticity, overstretching leads to disruption of collagen, leading to stretch marks. Initially, stretch marks appear pink or red. Tretinoin creams may be helpful at this stage. To some extent, vitamin E creams can help fade stretch marks once they turn white. Although stretch marks never completely disappear, they can fade with natural remedies.
For effective treatment, consult your dermatologist at the earliest opportunity.
How To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
Stretch Mark Removal Treatment
Stretch marks can be effectively treated, just like most skin textures. Stretch marks can be treated on a surface level with microdermabrasion and chemical peels instead of lifestyle changes and creams and lotions. Best Laser stretch mark removal treatment is far and away from the best option for treating stretch marks.
Laser Treatment For Stretch Marks
- What is the Process? Using Fractional Resurfacing Lasers, micro-wounds are created. By breaking up the tissue beneath the stretch marks, the stretch marks fade. Collagen and cell renewal are induced, resulting in the formation of new skin.
- Advantages of Laser Treatment: It is possible to treat stretch marks through laser therapy effectively. It requires little to no downtime and is noninvasive. Compared to other solutions, laser treatments are more affordable and do not pose significant risks.
- Treatment Side Effects: Laser stretch mark treatments have minimal side effects. It is common to experience mild redness, itching or swelling at the target sites, but most of these go away within a few days.
- Result: Stretch marks on the skin’s surface can disappear after one month of treatment, while those on the deeper layers will gradually improve in texture and tone over three to six months.
There are other ways to treat stretch marks
- Microdermabrasion: During microdermabrasion, dead skin cells are removed from the skin’s surface layers. This removes the same layers that cause stretch marks to appear.
- Chemical Peels: Various chemical solutions can be used in a chemical peel to exfoliate dead skin cells, exposing underlying layers of skin that do not exhibit stretch marks or scars. They are successful in fading stretch marks but not completely removing them.
- Microneedling Radiofrequency: This new-age technology improves the texture of the skin. It is highly effective in reducing acne scars, open pores, wrinkles, stretch marks, sagging, and dullness on the skin.
In what time frame can one remove stretch marks? What are the natural ways?
Fortunately, stretch marks gradually fade. A healthy lifestyle makes these marks less noticeable within 6 to 12 months. A massage with vitamin E-rich argan oil helps increase the skin’s elasticity so that the broken tissues will heal gradually and the marks will fade.
Lemon juice is a bleaching agent, so it can also reduce visibility. Potato juice contains starch and other skin-lightening enzymes that can also help bleach the skin, reducing stretch marks’ visibility. In addition, aloe vera gel, apricots, black tea, and castor oil can also speed up the process. Make sure to do a patch to before you use natural remedies.
Get Rid Of Stretch Marks With Labelle
Stretch marks are typically itchy and feel raised in the initial stages. A mature stretch mark usually makes you feel depressed as you run your fingers over it. No worries! Labelle is among the best skin clinics, and we offer a variety of treatments to reduce stretch marks, such as Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion, Fractional CO2 laser, Microneedling, and Radiofrequency.
You can get rid of those ugly stretch marks for the best prices ever at Labelle weight loss clinic, which has locations in Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Chennai. Don’t let these unwanted stretch marks stop you from living your life.