If you’re ever faced with a possum problem, it’s best to hire experienced professionals to remove them. Many homeowners don’t realize that the best way to get rid of a possum is by catching it and putting it outside before it can come back into your home.
What to do When a Possum is Home
Here are a few tips on how to get possum removal services the right way:
- Get an estimate first. Even if you think you can take care of the problem yourself, it’s always smart to get an estimate from a professional. This will help to avoid any unpleasant surprises down the road and will give you some peace of mind.
- Get creative. If trapping isn’t an option, try using humane traps or fences. Be sure to read the instructions carefully before setting them up, though – not all traps work well with possums and some fences may not be safe for pets or children.
- Talk to your neighbors. If there are other animals in your area that may be susceptible to possum attacks – like cats or dogs – talk to your neighbors about ways to keep them safe. You might also
There are a few different ways to get possum removal services. The most popular way is to set a trap, but there are several other options available.
One option is to use a live capture trap. This trap captures the possum as it enters or leaves the trap. Another option is to use a mole trap. Mole traps are designed to catch moles, not possums, but they can be used to catch possums if you want to use a live capture trap instead of a dead animal release trap. You can also set a live capture trap in an area where you have seen evidence of a possum presence, such as tracks or droppings. If you set the trap near a water source, you may be able to capture a swimming possum.
You also can try using an electronic Havahart Possum Detector. This device uses sound waves and sensors to detect movement and activity in the surrounding area. If you see evidence that a possum is present, this detector will send an alert to your phone or email account, so that you can take action.
Possum Removal Services
If you’re experiencing a possum problem in your yard, it’s important to get professional help. There are several ways to get possum removal services the right way. Here are three tips:
- Talk to Your Neighbors
If you live in an area where possums are common, talk to your neighbors about getting help. Many of them may have experience with possum removal and be happy to share their expertise.
- Consider hiring a Professional Removal Company
If you don’t want to deal with getting rid of the possums on your own, consider hiring a professional possum removal company. These companies have experience dealing with these pesky animals and will be able to quickly remove them from your property.
- Contact the Local Game Commission
If you live in an area where possums are not normally found, you may need to contact the local game commission for assistance. These organizations often have experts who can help remove these creatures from remote areas.