It’s common to walk or drive and see a FedEx truck blocking traffic to make a delivery.
Since this has been happening more frequently, it raises many questions. So it’s only natural to wonder what the rules are for delivery truck drivers. For example, you may wonder whether they’re even allowed to block traffic while making a delivery.
In this article, we discuss the road rules for FedEx drivers. Due to them blocking traffic, it’s possible you may get into an accident. If that should happen, you may need legal assistance. We also explain how a legal professional can help in the event of an injury.
So, let’s get started and learn more about FedEx drivers and the rules of the road!
Traffic Rules That Apply to Delivery Truck Drivers
To avoid a delivery accident, FedEx drivers must follow the same rules as any other driver on the road. Unfortunately, that doesn’t always take place, though.
For example, driving in California requires drivers to adhere to the following:
- Drivers must stop at a red light and wait for it to turn green before proceeding.
- They must use their turn signals when turning left or right.
- They must obey posted speed limits. And, they must adhere to other traffic rules such as yield signs, stop signs, and crosswalks.
- They must pay attention to their surroundings while driving. Their surroundings include other vehicles on the road.
- They must keep an eye out for pedestrians. A pedestrian may walk near or cross in front of the truck at any time. Thus, drivers must be aware of this.
- They need to be on the lookout for any hazards. Examples of hazards are potholes, debris in the road, and construction zones.
Most delivery accidents happen when drivers try to hurry and make a delivery. Not only should they take care to follow the law, but they should do it for their safety.
A driver may be under time constraints to deliver packages. Even so, they must drive with caution, so they don’t hurt another driver or pedestrian.
What Happens if a FedEx Driver Blocks Traffic to Make a Delivery?
If a FedEx driver blocks traffic to make a delivery, they may get cited by law enforcement. In some cases, the driver may get a ticket. In other cases, the FedEx truck may get towed.
If a driver doesn’t want their truck to get towed, they should brush up on the driving law in their state. It may be convenient to pull over and park at a red curb. But this may result in the truck getting ticked or towed.
So, What Can You Do if You Are Injured Due to an Accident with a FedEx Truck?
- If you get injured due to an accident with a FedEx truck, you may be able to file a claim against them.
- If you get injured as a result of an accident with a delivery truck, it is essential to speak with an attorney. Make sure they specialize in personal injury law, so they guide you on the following steps to take.
How a Legal Professional Can Help
Say you got injured as a result of an accident with a FedEx truck. Then, you may likely recover compensation for your injuries. You may also receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
A legal professional can help determine whether you have a case. Each state has a set of rules and proceedings you must follow. So, if you live in California, for example, an attorney can guide you through the process of filing a claim. JT Legal Group is an example of a firm in California that can walk you through the process.
Furthermore, they can provide advice on whether you should pursue legal action. For example, they might suggest you move forward if the FedEx driver showed a lack of adherence to traffic laws and regulations.
If the claim is worth pursuing, the legal professional can do the following:
- Represent you in a court of law and help get the compensation you deserve.
- They can answer any questions on delivery truck regulations and traffic laws.
In conclusion, FedEx drivers must follow the same traffic laws as any other driver on the road. They have a responsibility to obey all traffic laws and to drive safely. If they break any of these laws, law enforcement can cite them. And legal action can be instituted against them.
As a pedestrian and driver, drive with caution. Being a smart driver is especially important when you’re around delivery truck drivers.
You may be able to prevent getting into an accident with FedEx trucks. Follow state driving laws and pedestrian walking laws so you can help prevent accidents from happening.