Do you get horrendous red rashes, terrible tingles from agonizing dryness, swellings all over from using hair dyes? Then you have sensitive allergy-prone skin and chemical based hair dyes are not for you. You should, instead, try this 100% botanical, natural and certified organic hair colour from the stables of Indus Valley. Dazzle your audience with colour coated hair the natural way the next time you walk out of your door.
How are allergies caused from chemical hair dyes and what are their symptoms?
The harmful chemicals present in chemical hair dyes react adversely with the skin cells when they come into contact with your scalp or forehead, causing hair dye allergies. Hair dye allergies can be either mildly harmful or fatal depending upon the number of chemicals applied and the skin type. Hair dye allergies do not necessarily occur only when your hair colour is used for the first time. They can also occur in subsequent usage. The symptoms of hair dye allergies, include:
- Burning sensations on the head, neck and face
- Blisters or boils on the scalp and body
- Sudden itching and red rashes on the skin and scalp
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Swellings under the eyes and cheekbones
Which chemical component in hair dyes causes allergies?
The main element in chemical-based hair dyes that causes allergies is PPD (paraphenylenediamine). If you are allergic to hair colours, then you must study the contents of hair dyes carefully before buying them. Try avoiding PPD or any of its derivatives to stay clear of allergies.
Some people might also be allergic to heavy metals like aluminum, lead, barium and ammonia. Try avoiding these as well in your hair dye.
Which hair colour is allergy-free?
Indus Valley New Hypo Allergic Aqua Colour is a one-of-its-kind product that is not only allergy-free but it also restores hair health by repairing hair and scalp damage. It comes as rigorously tested and highly recommended by dermatologists for people with sensitive and allergy-prone skin. It maintains the pH balance of the scalp between 5 and 7, which means that it keeps the scalp and hair naturally hydrated. It is made up of 8 organic and handpicked botanical herbs, which also makes it a 100% botanical hair colour. The pH of chemical hair dyes is usually around 9, which irritates the skin.
Why pick Indus Valley New Hypo Allergic Aqua Colour?
It is a 100% botanical (sourced directly from plants) hair colour created especially for the hypersensitive and allergy-prone skin. If you no longer want to put synthetic chemicals in your hair and scalp then this hair colour is what you have been always looking for.
Its specialties are:
- Made up of 8 exotic haircare herbs—indigo, henna, amla, brahmi, fenugreek, manjistha, chamomile and senna
- Has no added chemicals whatsoever, no ammonia, no hydrogen peroxide (bleach), no PPD nor any its derivatives, no heavy metals like barium, aluminum, or lead, so it causes no side effects
- Its exotic herb formula only covers the greys and the colour only coats the hair strands without penetrating inside them
- It helps nourish the scalp, reduces dandruff, keeps hair hydrated, smooth and shiny
How to use it:
Step 1: Application with Pouch A (Primer)
- Shampoo your hair beforehand.
- The amount of powder you use is determined by the length of your hair. One to two pouches are sufficient for the neck to armpit length hair, while two boxes of Aqua Hair Colour are sufficient for full-length hair.
- Use gloves. Pour the appropriate amount of Pack Into a non-metallic container, and combine the powder with boiling water to get a thick, lump-free slurry.
- When the liquid has cooled to lukewarm, apply it using the Applicator Brush and set aside for 30-45 minutes.
- Rinse out the build-up and pat your hair dry.
Step 2: Application with Pouch B (Colour)
- Use Pack B to prepare the colour mixture in the same way as Pack A.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and leave it on for 45 to 1 hour.
- Using water, wash your hair.
- Leave the Spa for 15 minutes on your scalp and hair. Wash with water thereafter.
You may be surprised to know that not all hair colours are suitable for all skin types. Only after rigorous scientific testing can a product claim to be a hypoallergenic hair colour. Indus Valley New Hypo Allergic Aqua Colour has been diligently made with skin-friendly herbal ingredients.