You can utilize PDF documents anywhere. Whether it is notes, books, guides, or confidential information, anything can be stored in this format. When it comes to sharing files, it is your will to grant access to others or restrict their access. So, to keep them safe, you need to secure them with passwords.
You can share the password with whom you want to share your files. This way, you can keep track of who is using your files.
Types of PDF Passwords
Concerning the security purposes of documents, it is crucial to lock them with a password. Here are two types of PDF passwords.
- Open Password
Open password is the type of password used to grant access or restrict viewing and opening of the file. The person who creates that password can allot it to the person they want to share their documents with.
- Permission Password
A permission password is used to restrict access to the user to change the permission settings of the PDF document. It includes copying, editing, and printing the PDF file. When the files are shared, the end receiver can open and view them. However, the user cannot perform these functions and edit the permission settings.
How to Remove an Open PDF Password
Here are some simple steps that you can follow to remove a PDF password. Here is the easiest way to access an Open password-protect file. You can install efficient software that does the job of encrypting the PDF files on your PC or Mac device. We’ll use aJoysoft as it is effortless and provides excellent functionality.
- Start by downloading the aJoysoft software on your PC.
- Click on a free trial option if you haven’t purchased the software.
- Open the app from your desktop.
- Now, click on the “Add Files” button to add files.
- The best part is that you can select multiple files at the same time and encrypt them simultaneously. Plus, you don’t even need an internet connection to proceed with this process.
- After selecting, the aJoysoft will itself indicate you if the file is locked or not.
- A yellow lock icon will appear at the corner of password-protected files.
- Click on it. Enter the password to access the file.
- Congratulations, you have finished opening your PDF document through a password.
How to Remove a Permission PDF Password
aJoysoft is an efficient PDF password remover. It enables the users to remove PDF passwords trouble-freely. It is available for both Windows and Mac iOS. Most PDF files nowadays are restricted by the authors.
To remove the restriction of standard operations like editing, copying, and printing the file, you can use the aJoysoft PDF password remover. Here are the steps to remove the permission password.
- Download the aJoysoft software through your browser or Apple store.
- Accept the terms and conditions to proceed with the installation of the .exe file.
- The installation process won’t take any long so stay there.
- Launch the software after installation.
- Click on the add files button to open the password-protected files.
- You can drag multiple files at the same time.
- Now, click on the file whose password you want to remove.
- A purple-colored button “Remove Password” will show at the bottom right corner. Click on it.
- Select the folder where you want to store your files after encryption.
- Congratulations, you’ve just removed the permission restriction from your PDF files.
- Feel free to open the files from the stored folder and edit, copy or print your files whenever you want.
Keeping passwords on your files is one of the essential deeds you need to perform to ensure their security. As it is one of the popular ways to secure files, it is crucial to have software that allows you to encrypt them. aJoysoft is one of the software you may need on your PC to perform these tasks.
You can purchase it through its price plan, which ranges from $4.99 to $19.99; you can have your pick. The most impressive aspect about it is that it performs all the tasks without needing an internet connection. Definitely, a software that you want to try out this year!