Many people believe that nail art isn’t only for long nails. So don’t be disappointed if you have short nails or don’t have the patience to care for lengthy ones. The length of your nails has nothing to do with how elegantly you want to display art. To make a point, there are some fun little nail designs that show the variety of possibilities.
Everyone knows that short nails are easier to care for, and the right design makes them seem fashionable. Each nail art has its beauty, from turquoise to crimson, to make your small fingernails appealing. Try some of these stunning nail ideas for shorter nails this season:
6 Stunning Manicure Ideas For Short Nails
1. Let’s Start With Builder Gels
Have you tried gel french manicure yet? It looks very natural and is perfect for those who have shorter nails. The best part is that such a manicure doesn’t damage your nails like acrylics. Following are the steps that you must take before getting your nails done:
- Find a good gel french manicure kit
- Follow the directions that come with it
- Patiently wait for your nails to dry
- Apply the top coat of polish to your nails
2. Graffiti Nail Art
Style is simplicity. This gold and black dual-tone manicure is simple to create and requires no special equipment. Remove any excess nail polish with a clean brush and swipe random lines onto your black painted nails to make this graffiti nail art appearance, and you’re done.
3. Paint Splatter Nail Art
Bring out your inner artist to make this nail splatter look; you’ll need a paintbrush in addition to the colors of your choice. First, paint your nails white. Then take a nail color and bathe it in a cup of water on the brush. Spray the color of the brush onto your nails with your fingers. To get the effect you desire, repeat this process with many colors.
4. Flower Nail Art
For this look, you’ll need a dotting tool or toothpick. Begin by painting your nails white. Then use a yellow polish to make small dots in the center of each nail. Next, take a green polish and make small leaves around the yellow dots. Finally, use a red polish to make small flowers around the leaves.
5. Leopard Print Nail Art
Begin by painting your nails beige. Then use black polish to make small dots all over your nails. Once the dots are dry, use a dotting tool or toothpick to draw lines coming out from the center of each dot. To create the leopard print effect, keep the lines close together.
6. Water Marble Nail Art
This nail art design is created with water and nail polish. Begin by filling a bowl with water. Then drop different nail polish colors into the water and use a toothpick to swirl the colors together. Next, place your finger into the water and let the polish adhere to your nail. Finally, remove your finger from the water and enjoy your new nails.
- Benefits of Using Nail Arts For Short Nails
Shorter nails are often considered more aesthetically pleasing than longer ones and are also easier to care for. However, one of the best things about having shorter nails is that you can still enjoy the benefits of nail art. Here are some of the advantages of using nail arts for short nails:
- They can help you achieve a polished look.
- Shorter nails are less likely to break or chip, so your manicure will last longer.
- They are easier to clean and maintain.
- You can choose from various designs and colors when you have shorter nails.
- Shorter nails allow you to show off your personality and style.
How To Take Care Of Nails After Applying Nail Art?
After applying your nail art, taking care of your nails is essential so that the art lasts longer. Here are some tips on how to take care of your nails after applying nail art:
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or detergents on your nails. These can cause the nail art to fade or chip off.
- Be careful when using hot water. Hot water can also cause the nail art to fade or chip off.
- Keep your nails clean and dry. This will help prevent the growth of bacteria and fungus, damaging the nail art.
- Always apply a base coat over the nail art to protect it from chipping and fading.
- Have your nails professionally removed if you want to change the nail art. This will help prevent damage to your nails.
If you’re looking for new ideas to glam up your short nails, there are many different ways to consider. Hopefully, these styles and artsy ways will help you out. And the best part is that they’re all easy to do at home. So, give them a try and let your friends be more amazed than you are.