A lot of us get curious about the status of an application that we have applied for. Knowing the status of the application will give you an idea of when to expect the final document. Driving licence application status is a good example of the same. You might have applied for a fresh driving licence or might have applied to renew the existing licence.
If you want to know your driving licence application status, here is everything that you ought to be aware of. But first, you must apply for a licence before you can take any vehicle out for a spin. It is mandatory to get your driving licence before you can drive any type of vehicle on the road. Whether it is a car, motorbike, truck, bus, etc. you need a valid driving licence to legally drive or ride them on public roads.
Here are the top 5 Information that you need to keep in mind while checking your driving license application status online:
- You need a learner’s licence first before you can start applying for a permanent licence. The process of applying for a learner’s licence is similar. The learner’s licence allows you to learn a vehicle of your choice and you become eligible for applying for a permanent licence after 30 days.
- For your permanent driving licence, you will need to undergo an online test. And you cannot appear for this online test if you do not hold a learner’s licence or LL.
- The RTO usually dispatches a driving licence within 2 weeks of you clearing the exam. To be safe, you can expect a driving licence within a month of applying for one. The government and RTOs are continuously working to reduce this time period as well.
- All driving licenses have an expiry date, usually about 20 years for adults till 50 years of age. So, you need to check the same and get it renewed on time.
- If you have a valid Indian driving license, you can apply for an international license for driving a vehicle abroad.
- You can store your digital driving license in the DigiLocker and it is as good as the original.
You can now apply for a driving licence either online or offline. Here are the steps that you need to follow for the same:
- Online Application:
It is a fairly simple process for applying for your driving licence online. You simply need to open the official website of Road Transport and Highways Ministry at https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/. You would then need to select the state from which you would apply for the driving licence. Once you do, the website provides you with all the available services that you can choose from.
The following steps will help you apply for your online driving licence.
- Register online with the help of the portal mentioned above
- Fill up the online form with the required details
- Submit the form with all necessary details
- Appear at your nearest RTO for your learner’s test
- Pass the learner’s test to obtain your license.
- Offline Application: You can still go ahead and apply for your driving licence in offline mode. You can visit your nearest RTO office to begin applying for an offline application for driving licence. Here are a few simple steps that will help you through the process.
- Obtain Form 4, or the application form for the appliance of a driving licence in India
- Fill the form up and provide necessary supporting documents such as proof of age and address and submit the documents at the RTO office
- The RTO office will allot a particular date and time for you to appear
- Once you pass the learner’s test, the driving licence will either be sent to your registered mailing address or handed it over to you
How to check your Driving Licence Application Status?
The following are some of the situations or conditions where you might want to check your driving licence application status.
- If you have applied for a driving licence renewal
- If you have applied for an international driving licence
- If you have cleared the test for obtaining your permanent driving licence
- If you have applied for a duplicate driving licence
To check your driving licence application status, follow these steps.
- Visit the official site of sarathi parivahan
- Select the state where you have applied for your driving licence
- Select Application Status from the top right corner of the website
- Enter the application number, your date of birth along with a captcha
- Click on the submit button
The website will then provide you with the details of your application status.
To check your driving licence application status, you need to ensure that you have the application number handy with you. The application number of your driving licence along with your date of birth will help you get the status.
The above are a few important things that you must keep in mind when it comes to driving licence application status.
click here for more articles.